Are you ready to discover the most incredible food in this world? It’s super healthy, filled with legends and ancient histories, able to heal your heart and soul.
- The Unknown Superfood
- The Divine Elixir of Kings and Gods
- The Medicine of the Heart
- The Undercover Agent
What’s the world’s favourite food? Yes, it’s chocolate. But most of us don’t know chocolate in its original raw form – cacao. Cacao has nothing to do with the hot chocolate we know. This incredible bean grows on the most incredible food and nut tree in the world – called Theobroma Cacao, which means “food of the gods”. This name doesn’t come for no reason, cacao is one of the healthiest superfoods in the world, containing 400-500 different compounds. Here are just a few of the goodies it contains:
- IRON: Cacao is the highest natural source of iron, much more than red meat. Cacao is therefore perfect for a vegan diet which usually lacks in iron. Iron also energises your body, boosts your immune system and helps with concentration.
- THEOBROMINE: Other than caffeine, this compound works as a stimulant and a muscle relaxer. It energises the body, enhances your mood and lowers blood pressure at the same time.
- MAGNESIUM: As one of the highest plant-based sources of magnesium, cacao keeps your heart and brain healthy and gives you clarity and focus.
- ZINC: Zinc promotes a healthy nervous and immune system.
- PHOSPHORUS: Actually much better than calcium, this mineral is perfect for healthy bones and teeth.
- ANTIOXIDANTS: Cacao is the highest antioxidant food in the world – 15x more than blueberries, 20x more than green tea and 30x more than red wine. Antioxidants improve blood flow and protect you from ageing – that’s why cacao is the world’s number one longevity food.
But besides all of these awesome ingredients, the 2 main reasons why most people love chocolate are:
- PHENYLETHYLAMINE: The famous love chemical, usually only produced by the brain, gives you the happy-exciting feeling, like you feel when falling in love.
- ANANDAMIDE: The bliss chemical makes you feel euphoric and therefore works as natural antidepressant.
Many tribes have used cacao for centuries to stay happy and healthy. The Kuna tribes living on the San Blas islands in Panama, for example, consume up to 5 cups of pure cacao a day. According to The Kuna Study, issues like heart diseases, diabetes, high blood pressure or high cholesterol are in this tribe basically non-existent. For its nutritious benefits, cacao was also used a lot in the past by explorers and adventurers.
“This drink is the healthiest thing, and the greatest sustenance of anything you could drink in the world, because he who drinks a cup of this liquid, no matter how far he walks, can go a whole day without eating anything else.” – the Anonymous Conquerer, 1556
Cacao is not only filled with healthy goodies, but also with legends of ancient kings and gods. The word “cacao” is one of the oldest words in use in the world today – it is estimated to be more than 50.000 years old. Cacao is native in the Amazon and was used by ancient tribes in Mexico, Central America and Colombia. Back then, cacao was seen as gift from the gods and treated as a divine elixir, only people of high rank were allowed to drink it daily. More than a drink, cacao was a currency, so drinking cacao was literally like drinking pure gold. The Mayans even worshiped their own cacao god “Ek Chua”.
Especially the Aztecs were said to be cacao lovers – Montezuma, the ruler of Mexico in the ancient days, was said to have consumed 50 cups a day. But this drink was very different from the chocolate we know today – it was a mix of raw crushed cacao beans, water and chilli peppers. The word “chocolate” is said to come from the Mayan word “xocolatl” which means “bitter water”. So, people back then were not cacao lovers because of the sugar rush, but because of its healing and medicinal properties.
Cacao is like a drop of pure love; when it reaches your thirsty heart, your whole body becomes alive again.
For the indigenous population Muhysqa from Northern Colombia, cacao is considered to be a mediator between different states of consciousness. When the cacao reaches your heart, it opens your energetic centre and allows the blood to circulate better, so that your brain and heart get more oxygen. That brings clarity to your mind and feelings as well as more vitality to your body. In my opinion, a cacao ceremony is the best way to experience all that which cacao has to offer – it is a truly magical experience of transformation and reconnection. A cacao ceremony usually consists of the following steps:
- Recognising the things which prevent you from living a happy life
- Saying “I am sorry,” and letting go of what doesn’t serve you anymore
- Saying “Thank you” to bring yourself on a higher vibration
- Celebrating life through music, dance and creativity
Cacao helped me a lot to recognise my darkness and transform all that fear, anger, jealousy and sadness into pure love. If you want to read about my experience and also be touched by the spirit of cacao, check this article.
It is said that the heart-shaped cacao plant unites all spiritual plants within itself. It’s because of that that cacao has a very special role to play in this world. Cacao isn’t just a healthy superfood, a delicious drink or an ancient plant, it is an undercover agent. Why? Because we are consuming cacao without knowing that we are actually drinking the knowledge of all spiritual plants. We love chocolate – and most of us are not conscious that chocolate is just another form of cacao and carries, therefore, all the knowledge of these ancient histories. Whenever we eat cacao in whichever form, the plant is planting the seed of truth inside of us, without us knowing.
It is now on you to become aware of what it actually is you are eating, so you also can discover the magic of the food of the gods!
Because I am 100% in love with cacao, I started a project to protect this beautiful gift and spread it across the world. How cacao can help to build the peace and heal humanity?